Toyota Sequoia is the largest SUV vehicle that is so far out of the manufacturing plants of the biggest Japanese automakers Toyota. This new Sequoia will be offered with completely modified design, the vehicle will have a new body style and a new look inside cabin.
The new model 2017 Toyota Sequoia will be built with a lot of new technological developments, which will take care of driving low spec vehicles and facilitate the driver to operate these large vehicles, improved systems for passenger safety and numerous entertainment features.
Development of Toyota Sequoia
Let us return for a moment in history and remind ourselves what happened with development Toyota Sequoia for three generations.
The first generation of the Toyota Sequoia was introduced in 2000 and directly intervened in the market share SUVs, which were models of Chevrolet Tahoe, Nissan Maxima and Ford Expedition.
The second-generation full-size SUV Toyota Sequoia was introduced in 2008, its production still continues and is made on the platform of the Toyota Tundra, just like the first generation.
The third generation will be built on an entirely new platform, which will be the application of new technologies and materials have a lower weight than previous platforms, and thus the vehicle will have lower fuel consumption and reduced emissions of harmful exhaust gases.
Toyota Sequoia and appearance of Platinum trim level
The second generation of the Toyota Sequoia, in addition to two existing trim, SR5 and Limited, presented the market with another package of accessories, whose name Platinum enough talking about what all future buyers more offers in this model of the vehicle.
2017 Toyota Sequoia in its third generation also offers to customers the ultimate accessory package, well known as Platinum.
Platinum package in the new model will provide a lot of luxury to its customers. In addition to exceptional comfort of their eight leather seats to accommodate passengers who have the ability to heat and have incorporated ventilation system, Sequoia Platinum will offer a whole list of extras.
2017 Toyota Sequoia Platinum list of features
Let’s try to briefly mention some of the characteristics of Platinum package of accessories. List of all platinum functionality is really long, so we will divide it into several groups. In the first group is equipment based on IT and audio technologies:
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Satellite navigation
- Large 6.1 inch touch screen infotainment display
- Cruise control
- Multi-Information Display with outside temperature, compass, instant / average fuel economy and distance to empty
- AM / FM CD player
- Hands-free phone capability
- Rear-seat Blu-ray Disc ™ player with 9 -inch display
- Two wireless headphones
- 18 wireless remote and rear audio JBL system with 115V AC power outlet and RCA jacks
- Siri® Eyes Free23 and Bluetooth®24 hands-free phone controls
Second group are improvements in the appearance of the vehicle:
- Integrated fog lights
- Chrome grille surround
- Chrome door handles
- Chrome auto-dimming heated power outside mirrors with power folding
- Reverse tilt-down and memory features
- Turn signal indicators and puddle lights
- 20-inch diamond-cut-finish alloy wheels with P275 / 55R20 tires
- Power tilt / slide moon roof with sliding sunshade
- Multi-reflector halogen headlights with auto-off feature and headlight cleaners
In the third group are various sensors and the little things that make driving much easier:
- Parking sensors
- Rain sensors
- Washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wipers and intermittent rear wiper
- Windshield wiper deicer
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with on / off feature
- Central locking
In the fourth group are improvements inside the cab of Platinum models
- Privacy glass on rear side
- Quarter and lift gate windows
- Power lift gate with jam protection
- Color-keyed rear spoiler with LED center high-mount stoplight
- Roof rack
- Running boards
- Front and rear mudguards
- engine and transfer case skid plates (transfer case 4×4 only)
- Easy-clean fabric-trimmed front seats
- 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
- Leather-trimmed power tilt / telescopic steering wheel
- Wood-grain-style accents, memory
What more could want proud future owner of this vehicle from his vehicle? He is left only to be comfortably placed in its top SUV and enjoy the traveling every mile of its journey. The company Toyota would just briefly say – Anything but ordinary.
Difference between Platinum and Limited types of Sequoia
You can often hear the question: “What are the differences between Sequoia Limited and Platinum trim levels?” The main difference is the offer of alloy 20 inches wheels. The second, more important, difference is in the interior. In addition to leather upholstery for the seats, all seats are now equipped with heaters. Also important difference is the entertainment system, which is in the platinum type part of the standard package. The difference in price will also be significant so that the Platinum version will be more expensive for $ 6,500 than the Limited version.
If you do not know what is the experience to drive Toyota Sequoia Platinum, here you can look great snapshot:
2017 Toyota Sequoia Platinum price
The Price of the Platinum models of each vehicle is always very interesting fact. Official information from the company Toyota is still missing. According to some rumors, the price of the 2017 Toyota Sequoia Platinum model will be between 61000 and 65000 dollars.