Mark Roemer Oakland believes that, like every other part of your car, auto glass is an important part. It would be best if you took some measures as you take your car home after auto glass installation, and this approach can help you in cost savings in the long run. Mentioned below are some of the essential dos and don’ts you must keep in your mind after your auto glass installation:
- Keep your dashboard clutter-free- You must keep your windshield clean after your auto glass installation. During the first 48 hours of the installation, you must be more cautious and avoid keeping any objects on the dashboard; this will keep the wet urethane safe.
- Don’t slam your doors- You must be very gentle while closing the doors of your car, especially for the first 48-hour period after the installation. The adhesive and molding are still healing during this period and slamming the doors can puncture the seal.
- A big ‘NO’ to carwash- You may feel that your car needs a wash after the auto glass installation. It would help if you refrained from taking your car for carwash for the first two days at least. The adhesive and moldings need to be dry, and a carwash can displace these things.
- Keeping the adhesive tape in place is essential- After the auto glass installation, an expert puts an adhesive tape to ensure the seal remains in place. It is crucial not to misplace this tape so that the drying and healing process is smooth.
- Keep a window slightly open- You may find this tip silly, but this is important after installation. Closed windows can build up air pressure, and it can put stress around the seal. Due to this, the healing and drying process can take more time. So, it is advised to keep a window cracked by at least 1 or 2 inches.
- Keep distance from other vehicles- It is helpful to maintain a reasonable distance from the vehicle in front of you. It is more important to follow this when you are traveling on a dusty road. Following this step will keep any dirt or loose gravel from hitting your car. You must also avoid speeding to keep tiny rocks away as it can cause damage to your auto glass.
- Don’t park your car in direct sunlight- If you are always parking your car in direct sunlight, please don’t do this. Long-term exposure to higher temperatures can lead to the weakening of your windshield. Therefore, you should try parking your car in a shaded area.
According to Mark Roemer Oakland, it is vital to follow the dos and don’ts mentioned above so that you don’t need to take your car back into the shop again. Proper maintenance of the little things will help the glass to have a longer life. So, please be cautious for at least two days after the installation process.