You’ve just dropped some serious cash on a new ride, and now it’s time to show off your new car to your friends and family. You enter the vehicle, turn the key, and then you notice that the car’s interior smells like cigarettes.
What do you do? It’s essential to get rid of this smell as soon as possible to prevent the smell from permanently staining your car’s interior. If you’re wondering, then look no further because we’ve got some great tips that’ll help you out.
- The best way to rid the car of cigarette smell is by using baking soda. The first thing you’re going to do is completely cover all interior areas with baking soda. After that’s done, let it sit overnight.
- Using a vacuum cleaner, remove all the baking soda from your car and then wipe it down with water mixed with a fabric softener. It is advisable to add some vinegar to the water mixture.
- An excellent way to get rid of cigarette smell is by using scented dryer sheets. Place two or three of these sheets in your car overnight and then remove them in the morning. You’ll be left with a fresh scent that will last for several days.
- If you own an ionic air purifier, then that would be the best way to get rid of the smoke smell in your car. Please place it in the front passenger seat overnight, and by morning most of the cigarette stench will have disappeared.
- An alternative is to purchase some fresh air-scented spray that you can place inside your car. The best thing about these sprays is that they’ll last for several days, and the fresh scent will remain in your vehicle.
- An effective method of getting rid of cigarette smell in the car is to use coffee beans. Take some whole coffee beans (they don’t have to be ground) and leave them in a bowl inside your vehicle overnight. The following day, the smoke smell should have disappeared, and you’ll be left with a pleasant coffee scent!
- A great way to remove any smoke odor bomb for car is by using ground cinnamon. Take some cinnamon sticks and place them around the affected area; let them sit for an hour or two, then vacuum them up. You should be left with a car that smells like cinnamon!
By following these simple suggestions, you’ll get rid of the smoke smell in your car and return it to its previous state. Most of these methods (apart from the ionic purifier) can also be used for mildew and other mold odors.
There you have it! Now you know how to keep your car fresh, clean, and free of unwanted odors. When next you go shopping for that sweet ride, make sure that you follow these easy steps to prevent harmful chemicals from staining your new car’s interior! Always conduct your research before purchasing a new car and know the right way to remove the smoke smell from the vehicle.